This weekend I spent my weekend painting my NEW APARTMENT!!!!
First off, I want to say thank you to my parents and my friends (Torres & Brohan), who came out to paint with me this weekend!
Who knew painting would be so much work? We spent the entire 3 day weekend (we had MLK day off) painting and still have to do a second coat on the walls, trim and doors.
I think it will hopefully be done soon enough, but if anyone wants to come and help, I would greatly appreciate it!
For those of you who are looking to paint your house or apartment, here are a few tips/things I have learned:
- Painting order: Ceiling, Walls, Doors, Trim
- Spackle, sand & wipe down the walls (in that order) before you begin painting
- 3M Blue Tape & Frog Tape (Green Tape) are your friends - these are used to make sure you paint straight lines or do not paint over unwanted areas
- Blue Tape - is a bit stretchier and less sticky, this is good for ceilings and is a bit cheaper than green tape
- Green Tape - is stickier than blue tape, thus it is good for places where the lines are very important, such as trimmings
Stay tuned for more tips, as I am sure I will learn a lot more as I begin my journey as a homeowner!